Friday, January 30, 2009

No Power!!! Brrrrrrrrr.....

I just learned that our cabin in St Charles, Kentucky is now without power due to the large storm that affected people from Arkansas to Maine. Power may not be restored until the middle of February! It also is out in the surrounding areas such as, Dawson Springs, Nortonville, and Madisonville. There are a few shelters open in those towns such as the high schools and I'm hoping that my neighbor Dewey Cranor and his wife made it to one of those. Dewey lives close to our property and takes care of the well that provides water to his home and our cabin. Without electricity he will not have any running water or heat. So I'm assuming that he went to a shelter.
The only place that I found open or that answered the phone was the post office in St Charles. Just to prove that the mail must go through!
We were thinking about going there to check on things around the middle of February so if we do go hopefully the power will be restored.
Naturally, I couldn't get a picture of the cabin and the ice there but I'm using one that my lovely daughter-in-law Lindsey took showing their yard in Independence, Kentucky.

No comments: