Thursday, December 3, 2009

Winter is Coming!

I arrived at the cabin late Wednesday evening. I made the trip to winterize the place and make last minute checks before winters sets in. I found the place in pretty good condition, unlike others trips where we found a large number of tree branches down or lots of new weeds. This time just a couple of small limbs across the lane.
Will, Lindsey and the kids were here a couple of months ago and I'm sure they cleaned up things when they got there.

It's only going to be in the low 40's during the day while I am here and upper 20's at night. So that's pretty good weather. I've got some leaves to clean up and a fire will take care of that. It rained almost ALL of the way here! I can NEVER drive here or return without it raining in at least one direction! Hopefully things will dry out by tomorrow and I can get a fire going.

Rick will be here late Friday evening and will spend the weekend. He'll lend a hand as usual.
I was hoping to get a new load of gravel spread across the lane but with the ground so wet I'm not sure if that will happen. The ground is so soft and that gravel truck will weigh tons so I'll check and see what they say but I may have to put that off until next year.

I got to eat my White Castle burgers on my way here in Clarksville, Tn. They were probably the hottest ones I ever ate! That just made them even better. I'll grab a few more on the way home.

I'm at Huck's gas station stealing their Wi-Fi and am heading out to the store to pick up a few things for my stay. Of course, I'll have to make a stop at Rural King to see what's new.

The only drawback to making this a fun trip is I'm missing my "Sparky". She couldn't get any more vacation time this year so I'm flying solo. That makes for a long drive each way and of course I worry about her alone at home. But she did get lots of offers from friends and family to stay with them.

No comments: